This program trains students to practice the profession in 3D computer graphics animation and computer graphics. These people mostly work in animation studios by computer (short and long feature) and television studios as well as companies specializing in multimedia production, electronic games, postproduction and special effects. They are also found in industrial design firms and among software producers as well as in fields as diverse as medicine, geomatics, aerospace and high fashion.
The graphic designers in 3D animation and computer graphics first analyze the characteristics of the project submitted to them. They then produce a prototype of the animation, perform modeling graphical elements (characters, objects and environment), apply textures and colors, set up the lights, animated graphics, and engaged in the development final animation rendering. They can also create digital visual effects and perform compositing (compositing).
The function of specialists in 3D animation and CGI involves the development of creativity, visual acuity and rigor in the methods of work, as well as knowledge of motion and control technologies and traditional production tools and computer
The specialist in 3D animation is called to create animations and modeling that can be used for practical applications and emerging products. The graduate in 3D animation and image synthesis is able to integrate a multidisciplinary team. It may be required to work in areas such as video games, interactive multimedia, post-production and special effects applied to the field of advertising, television, film and arts. In addition, he/she can be employed in the industry of technical imaging applied to areas such as architecture, industrial design, medical imaging, flight simulators and navigation as well as training.
The graduate in 3D animation and image synthesis analyzes the characteristics of the project, developing a concept and a scripted story. He/she models the objects, places and characters and animated. Finally, it manipulates images and animated sequences and incorporates all in a 3D production.
The graduate in 3D animation and computer graphics has developed its vision and sense of observation. He/she is creative and innovative in the design of projects. He/she is rigorous in its working methods, he/she is open to criticism and is autonomous. He/she has appropriate knowledge of the movement and the ability to interpret an animated sequence. He/she has mastered the techniques and tools of computer production. He/she monitors technological domain to keep up to date knowledge. He/she has the ability to work with others in order to design and implement the various elements of a 3D production and integrate them into a coherent whole.
Finally, the graduate in 3D animation and image synthesis demonstrates a critical spirit and demonstrates analysis, interpretation and evaluation capacity. He/she knows compare, make connections, synthesize and solve problems and propose alternatives. He/she speaks with mastery in written and spoken French, and shows a good understanding of the English language. He/she has a solid culture in media, communication and the arts in general, and demonstrates ethical sense, responsiveness and openness to the world.
Graphic arts technicians perform some or all of the following functions:
- • reviewing the information provided by the graphic designer;
- • participate and collaborate in the design and implementation of design concepts, or make them;
- • enter in the computer different document elements such as titles, text, drawings, illustrations, graphics, lettering, colors, etc..;
- • produce computerized images and drawings;
- • scan images using devices and transform using retouching systems, graphic palettes and specialized software;
- • realize the layout, editing and layout provided by the model;
- • produce verification test and ready to photograph and make movies and other media for printing;
- • paint or ink individual cells of 2D animation or 3D drawings using an electronic palette to the specifications of the host;
- • arrange, draw or paint letters, numbers, logos and designs for windows, advertising posters, billboards, vehicles, books and printed using specialized software or instruments painting;
- • work in an interdisciplinary context.
Introduction to the video game industry
Graphic trends and artistic movements
Basic principle of an animation
3D modeling and presentation elements
Research and processing digital images
Development of the graphical environment
Creating 3D graphics
Collection and processing of images, video and sound
Modeling and presentation of places and accessories
Animation and technical constraints
Animation techniques characters
Those interested in enrolling in this program must have completed a secondary or vocational diploma (DES or DEP) or have training deemed sufficient by the college. Those interested in enrolling in this program must also satisfy the following conditions:
- Having interrupted his/her studies for at least two consecutive semesters or one academic year.
- To be covered by an agreement between the College and an employer or a government program.
- Have completed at least one year of postsecondary education over a period of a year or more.
3D ANIMATION DESIGN NTL 0P
Total training hours: 1500 hours
Description de Cours
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION
Registration form duly filled
Registration Fees of 250$